The typical BattletechMUX requires numerous complex systems to function. For example:
- Mech ref libararies
- Economic simulations
- Stores for purchasing/selling commodities and parts
- Player stat tracking
- Bulletin board systems
While these have all been successfully built and maintained in softcode, maintenance and future expansion can be very slow. Softcode is a poor choice for larger systems.
There are also things that can’t be done in-game without the help of hardcode modifications or logfile workarounds:
- Sending emails
- Communication with arbitrary databases/data stores
- Web-based character creation
- Integration with messenger services
- Utilization of social media
Battlesnake aims to supplement or replace large chunks of softcode in your game, while also opening up any external services you’d like to use.
Project Status: Early development
License: Battlesnake is licensed under the BSD License.
- Source repository: https://github.com/gtaylor/btmux_battlesnake
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/gtaylor/btmux_battlesnake/issues
- Live support is available on the BTMux channel on the Frontier.
- How it works
- Getting started using the Bot
- Battlesnake protocol